|Ayaan Makin and Soundin' it Cute|
his speech especially because I had Aaliyah to compare him with. She had started talking when she was about 2 yrs old. But Aaliyah and Ayaan are different like night and day. Speech is just one of their many differences. So, I kept brushing my worries away reminding myself that kids learn and grow at their own pace and that no two kids are the the same. Even identical twins are sometimes different in their temperament and manners. Ayaan has taken his time in expressing himself and I am thankful for whatever words and sentences he is coming up with.
There are few of his expressions that have made me suppress my laughter and/or pride on more than one occasion. Before these expressions get hazy with time I thought I will write them down. So here are some of those expressions that put a big smile on my face. This is Ayaan's English or shall I say "Ayaanish?"
- I love you Mommy. You are the best Mom ever ever again
- There that's good better
- Me am Robot (repeats to himself several times while riding his trike)
- No take a bath (when I say lets go take a bath)
- I go. My poop is on (when he had to go #2)
- Its not working Mom (When I put him on the potty to do #1)
- I had too much fun at school one day